Ridgestone occupied 232, Hoxton Street in 2000 and spent a short time tearing the inside apart and tidying things up. The image above is recent while the one below, belonging to Hackney's Archive Department, shows the street scene from about 1910. We were next to Costermongers' Hall and apparently a boozer had been on this site for over 200 years. The address then was 100, Old Hoxton Town and down in our cellar you can still make out the trace of a fireplace in the brickwork: were those the days?
We've barely changed the outside since moving in and do our best to retain and maintain the place as one of some visual interest and local character. We stand opposite the fine old stone church of St. Anne's of Hoxton where the bells still ring out, a few paces North of Saturday's hardcore street market and that bit further North from one of the world's richest financial markets.
We occupied 232 on the High Street in 2004. A-ha ... now that's another thing.